definition of rarities by The Free Dictionary
Define rarities rarities synonyms, rarities pronunciation, rarities translation, English dictionary definition of rarities n pl rar·i·ties 1 Something rare 2 The quality or state of being rare; infrequency of occurrence n , pl -ties 1 a rare person or thing, esp somethingdefinition of rarities by The Free Dictionary
.rar·i·ty (râr′ĭ-tē)n. pl. rar·i·ties
1. Something rare.
2. The quality or state of being rare; infrequency of occurrence.rarity (ˈrɛərɪtɪ) n
1. a rare person or thing, esp something interesting or valued because it is uncommon
2. the state or quality of being rarerar•i•ty (ˈrɛər ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the state or quality of being rare.
2. something rare or extremely uncommon.
3. rare occurrence; infrequency.
4. thinness, as of air or a gas.
[1550–60; < Latin]Rarity
See Also: ORIGINALITYExclusive as a mail box —Raymond ChandlerHe’s unusual all right … like the last of the orange flamingos —Saul BellowA miracle as great as art —Charles Bukowski(And what is so) rare as a day in June —James Russell Lowell One of Lowell’s most memorable lines!(To think of nothing benign to memorize is as) rare as feeling no personal blemish —W. H. AudenRare as a man without self-pity —Stephen Vincent BenétRare and wonderful feeling, like the first moments of love —George GarrettRare as a black ...